Sunday, July 25, 2010

After the framing

Or rather, after most of the framing.  After all that cutting and fitting and nailing, I couldn't quite finish what I hoped too.  I did finish more than I figured I would!  The framing nailer was easier for me to use than I thought it would be, I'm just not accustomed to so much manual labor!  (desk job).  My husband will be happy to know there was only one small injury.  I was nailing two 2x4's together and managed to get my finger on the exact opposite side of where I was shooting in a nail.  Contrary to their name, 2x4's are actually 1.5"x3.5".  Two together as I was nailing at the time are 3".  I was using 3.25" nails.  The injury was essentially like getting a finger stick from the Hulk.  One Sponge Bob bandage and a day later, and my finger is as good as new.

It will work out ok. I can do some of the drywall, shelves, and fabric stuff while my poor arms recover.  Then I can rent the nailer for the four hour tour and finish up the soffits and bed platform itself. 

I'm going to make a bed cover as it will be a non-standard size (52"x78") as it will only overlap the mattress on the front side.  I'm going to the fabric store to see if there is anything I like better than what I found online.  Or, uh, grab-a-swatch-so-I-can-buy-paint if I find the fabric and it's more expensive. ;)  My Sydney loves green, she has had a strong preference for quite a while.  At our church's Easter Egg Hunt this spring, she collected herself only green eggs, in about every shade of green a plastic egg has ever been manufactured in.  She likes some citrusy colors with it too, so I'm trying to find something she can grow with in those colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment