Sunday, March 27, 2011

Almost there

The trundle drawer this whole design was based on had some issues and needed to be reconstructed.  It still needs to be beefed up some before being loaded up with toys, but it stays together and rolls now.  I needed that to be done so I could place the bed frame at the proper height.

The bed frame has been constructed.  It is simple framing, like a wall, except horizontal instead of vertical.  Over top of the framing is a piece of 1/2" thick MDF cut to size.  I've stood on it, and right now my monkeys are "testing in" by all three of them running over it at the same time.  Sydney is the one in the middle, between her two sisters.





The girls are excited that they can see out of the window without stretching and straining.  They are also happy that they can finally use the chalkboard.  It is a niche made out of ordinary drywall, painted with Rust-Oleum chalkboard paint, custom tinted to "Schoolhouse Green".   It took one coat of primer and three coats of the chalkboard paint.  This specialty paint needs to be applied with a foam brush or roller and needs at least 3-4 days to cure before being written on with chalk.  Smart mommy finished the last coat a couple weeks before doing the bed frame, so the little monkeys can have at!


Spring break is one week away.  My goals are to complete Sydney's room and finish painting my kitchen cabinets (about 70% done over last spring break).  I promised my hubby I will finish these projects, and, uh, a few others, before I start on any more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment