Saturday, January 1, 2011

Slow, but not forgotten...

No, the room isn't done yet.  No, I didn't forget about it. 

Between my last post and last week, I managed to apply the first coat of drywall mud.  It took me several 1-2 hour sessions to get that done.  That still doesn't add up to four months, but if you throw in ragweed session, cold and flu season, my new role as a Girl Scout leader, on top of my usual life as full-time employee, wife, and mother of three little girls ... yeah. 

I've been on vacation this week, yay!  Between last week and this, in addition to Christmas and a trip to Great Wolf Lodge, I managed to sand that first coat of drywall mud, apply the entire second coat, and have started sanding that coat.  I'm hoping to get the sanding done tomorrow and put the carpet back in place.  Possibly I'll even do the bed framing itself.  We've hit a spell of unseasonably warm weather here in northeast Ohio, which means I should think hard about doing those cuts in the next two days.  I also have Monday off, but then it is back to the same old, same old.  Sydney could sleep in her room even if I don't get to the painting.  That, and use her dresser and closet, all of which would make her big sisters happy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment